Bulk link configuration can be used to change multiple automations at the same time. This works for any set of automations that have the same source and destination application servers. Bulk Link allows you to add, delete, and modify field and value mappings, and change some other settings, but only for fields and field mappings that are in common for the selected applications, projects, and entity types.
Bulk link configuration will display the field mappings that are in common from the automations. For example, if one automation has field A mapped to field B, and another automation has A mapped to C, neither of those field mappings will be shown. For bulk link configuration to display a field mapping, even the current value mappings must match exactly; if even one value mapping differs, bulk link configuration will not show that field mapping. Field mappings that are not displayed are not affected by bulk link configuration; they are preserved.
Differences in field configuration settings (such as sync operations), however, are not considered when choosing which field mappings to display; bulk link configuration will show field mappings that have different field configurations. For example, if we have the assignee field mapped and the user search field is turned on in automation1 but turned off in automation2, then that user search will be shown as disabled, which is the default configuration. Any change made to that will be reflected in both of the automations.
Bulk link configuration will not allow you to map fields that are mapped differently in the selected automations. For example, if the Start Date field is mapped to the Begin Date field in one automation, but it is mapped to the Approval Date field in another app-link, none of those fields will be available for mapping via bulk link configuration. As a consequence, to fix value mapping differences (to make the value mappings the same across multiple app-links), you may have to work with smaller sets of automations (those that are identical), modify the value mappings to match a larger set of automations.
- To get started, click the cogwheel icon and click the Bulk Edit Automations option.
- Select the Connection, and optionally the project and issue type (source and destination), for the Source Project and Destination Project and click Search. The automations matching the criteria will be displayed.
- Select the automations you wish to modify from the filtered application list and click Configure. The field mappings that are the same across all those automations will be displayed.
- Select the fields from the "Field Mapping" tab, click Add Field Mapping to add the field mapping. Value mappings and field configuration settings can also be configured for the mapped fields. Field mappings can also be deleted.
- Once the fields are configured, click Save, provide a description, and click Save Mapping to save the configuration changes.