This version contains all the features and the fixes rolled out as a part of the earlier point releases — 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, and 220.127.116.11.
ConnectALL version 18.104.22.168 is now available with many quality improvements.
When you have used the ‘OAuth’ authentication model for Jira, ‘Issue Linking’, was not working in Jira <->Azure DevOps app-link. This issue is fixed now.
We are introducing a ReST based adapter for IBM Rational DOORS. Get to know more about it here.
We have fixed the status transitioning issue in Jira.
This version contains all the features and the fixes rolled out as a part of the earlier point releases — 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, and 184.108.40.206.
SAP Solution Manager
Starting from this version,
- Our SAP SolMan adapter supports parent-child relationships. Find more information about this here.
- You no longer have to manually configure the 'Partner Function' fields in the User Configuration screen or the values in the Value Mapping screen. ConnectALL can now retrieve both these values from SAP SolMan by accessing an API.
Starting from this version, our universal adapter gets Multi-Project configuration feature. Read more about it here.
- Starting from this version, including a template project while configuring a multi-project app-link is going to be much easier. You no longer have to type the name of the ‘Template Project’ in the text field. Find out how.
- This version brings you a master script that provides greater control over other business scripts already in place and refines their approach. Get to know more about it here.
- The alarms screen now includes a new set of recipients (ConnectALL Admin (Global Recipients)) that can be easily selected and added to receive notifications. Click here for more information.
When syncing into the DOORS adapter, there were some errors during synchronization, but this has now been resolved.
This version contains all the features and the fixes rolled out as a part of the earlier point releases — 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168.
Our SAP SolMan adapter is now equipped with the ability to sync _URL fields.
We have resolved the issue that occurred during modification of multi-project app-links.
After upgrading to version 2.10.28 from version 2.8, Tomcat does not start. This is a known issue, we have a work-around, and we are working to resolve it for the next release. If you experience this issue, please contact our support team.
Starting from this version, when your ConnectALL license expires, you will get a notification on the 60th, 45th, 30th, and the 7th day before the expiry. This schedule can be modified to suite your tastes. (Before 22.214.171.124, it would send a notification each day for the last 30 days before expiration. Yikes! Sorry about that. It's fixed!) Click here for more information.
We have introduced a new configuration method that will enable syncing data into the CI field in BMC Remedy. Read about it here.
The license expiry notification was missing the group information on the Alarms screen. We have resolved the issue now.
- If you are using our Zendesk adapter, starting from this version, you can use the TicketID field to establish record linking functionality.
- We validated our 'Epic Linking' feature due to a few internal changes and certain changes in Atlassian Jira. We are glad to inform you that the validation was successful and we assure you that the 'Epic Linking' feature works satisfactorily in all scenarios.
After completing the upgrade to version 126.96.36.199, the connection timeout (default 60 secs) implemented in ConnectALL was affecting some ALM adapter customers as it triggered application outages and records duplication notifications. This release will help those users to configure a desired timeout property in the Connections screen. Read the information available here that explains how to set the desired timeout property.
CA Agile Central / Rally
Starting from this version, searching synced records (to/from Rally) has become easier. ConnectALL now displays the formatted ID of each synced record in the Dashboard. Find more information about this here.
This version fixes the Apache Log4j CVE-2021-44228 vulnerability in ConnectALL
This version contains all the features and the fixes rolled out as a part of the earlier point releases — 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, and 18.104.22.168.
Connection creation fails for DOORS and DOORS NG adapters. This is fixed in release 22.214.171.124.
We have streamlined the bulk records synchronization between Azure DevOps and Microsoft Project Server adapters to make the synchronization more complete.
The connection creation issue (in DOORS NG, DOORS adapters) is fixed.
When you updated a Jira custom Select List (single choice) field to 'None' and synced it to a mapped value in DOORS, the sync failed. This issue is fixed.
This version fixes the Apache Log4j CVE-2021-44228 vulnerability in ConnectALL
We have upgraded the Log4j version to 2.17.1 in the
- CA Runtime monitor
- Tomcat and Mule
(The previous ConnectALL versions included Log4j version 2.17.)
Duplicate records creation issue observed in ServiceNow <–>Jira app-links (post synchronization) is fixed.
- When synchronizing attachments in Jira <-> Jira Service Desk app-links, the attachment file name’s case was getting changed. This issue is fixed.
- We have fixed the custom content type issue in the Universal Adapter.
- Starting from this version, ConnectALL Insights will allow you to use a custom/configurable database besides the default name ‘Insights'.
- Our Universal Adapter now allows you to test the API configuration of an External Application Provided API type. Learn how.
- The 'organizations' field in Jira Service Desk will now retrieve and display the projects without any trouble when there are more than 50 projects.
- Attachments with special characters in the file name were not syncing into Cherwell. We have identified the problem and here is a workaround.
- Issues experienced while retrieving fields from DOORS are resolved.
- The files attached to existing defects in ALM were not synchronizing into ADO when the attachment deletion feature is enabled. This issue is resolved.
- Synchronization issues were experienced while syncing reference fields (on catalog tasks) from ServiceNow. This issue is resolved now.
- We've resolved issues relating to app-links getting stuck that were affecting the synchronizations.
- Starting from this version, you can set up SAML sign-on for Azure AD users. Find out how.
Issues reported while upgrading ConnectALL on SQL server are resolved.
We have resolved the comments duplication issue on app-links between Jira Service Desk Management and Jira applications.
- We are excited to announce the availability of ConnectALL’s SAP Solution Manager adapter. With the new SAP Solution Manager adapter, you can sync records to SAP Solution Manager from any application and vice versa. Get to know more about it here.
- Starting from this version, you can now map a field multiple times by using the reference fields configuration feature. Find out how.
- Great news for HPSM users. We are presenting a new workaround that will enable you to use the ‘Activity API’ of HPSM for Comment processing. This is due to a limitation in the HPSM ‘Save Comments API’ that will not log the activity details for certain issue types. Click here for more information.
There was a synchronization problem with the ‘Cascade Select’ field in the Jira-ServiceNow app-link. We have resolved this issue now.
Due to a limitation in the HPSM application, comment duplication issues were experienced in the HPSM-ServiceNow app-links. There is a workaround for this issue through a configuration in the HPSM application that will resolve this issue. Click here for more info.
Starting from this version, the ‘Data Import’ feature can be used to import property files.
We've introduced an 'Issue Link' field in Atlassian Jira and CA Agile Central (Rally) adapter that allows you to map the Issue Link fields directly in the Jira-CA Agile Central app-links.
We have resolved the issues experienced while configuring multi-project and mapping automatic user values in the CA Agile Central adapter.
This release fixes the Apache Log4j CVE-2021-44228 vulnerability in ConnectALL
- Our Micro Focus ALM Octane adapter now supports Multi-Project Configuration. Find out more about it here.
- This version’s installer is built-in with the latest Tomcat and Log4j versions.
We have fixed the temporary synchronization issue reported in the Jira<—>Remedy and Micro Focus<—>Database adapter app-links.
- Good news for Cherwell users. We now support all major supporting objects defined as a part of Group Object Summaries.
- Starting from this version, if an MSPO instance is SSO enabled, ConnectALL supports connecting to it using OKTA credentials.
- ConnectALL now supports Azure Active Directory authentication for Azure DevOps services.
- Starting from this version, the logs that you generate will be encrypted. This feature is currently rolled out only to our SaaS customers.
- We’ve improved the way Insights Analytics connects to the data source.
- In an app-link between Jira and ALM where you have mapped Jira’s LinkTypes (_issueLinkTypes) and ALM’s ‘_DefineParent’ field after enabling the parent.child.enable property, the sync failed. This issue is fixed now.
- The date time fields in Azure DevOps were not getting synchronized into Cherwell according to the time defined in the Time Zone configuration field. This issue is resolved now.
- During bulk record synchronization, the app-links got stuck whenever there was a database outage. This issue is resolved.
- In Jira-QC app-links, synchronization failed when the mapping is between the fields LinkTypes (Jira) and Constant (QC). This issue is resolved.
- Synchronization issues experienced in Octane to Database or from Octane to Jira app-links are resolved.
- ServiceNow customers (in SaaS) were receiving false license expiry notifications. We have fixed this issue.
- We have resolved the account lockout issue in Cherwell.
The flow filters that you use for syncing in Cherwell, will work as expected.
We’ve clarified the date format that you have to use for Cherwell. Read the information here.
Irregularities in comment synchronizations when enabling comment author visibility are resolved.
- ConnectALL’s Universal Adapter now provides the option to select the Unix Epoch format (can be ‘Millis’ or ‘Seconds’) for date format. Click here for more information.
- Starting from this version, you could map ALM’s Test Folder to Tosca’s TestCase Folder and sync the test steps under them.
- We support ADF for Atlassian Jira Cloud.
- We have fixed the SQL errors generated during synchronization and group operations (group creation, filtering in groups page, etc…).
- In a Jira Service Manager (Cloud) <-> Jira (server) app-link, the tables inserted in the ‘Comments’ field of Jira Service Manager lost their formatting when synced. This is fixed now.
- A memory-related error was getting displayed when you imported values for value mapping. We’ve fixed this issue.
- When you map Jira’s ‘Sprint’ field to Micro Focus ALM, the field’s internal ID number was getting synced. We’ve resolved this issue.
- The content in the ‘Description’ field in ServiceNow will sync without any issues into MSPO in a ServiceNow <-> MSPO app-link.
- In a Jira (Cloud) <-> Jira (On-Prem) app-link or Jira (Cloud) <-> AzureDevOps or Jira (Cloud) <-> Micro Focus ALM app-link, the formatting in the tables will now be preserved when a record is synchronized.
The custom journal objects in Cherwell were not synchronizing as comments into another application. This issue is fixed now.
You can now sync comments that are formatted using formatting options such as ‘Code Blocks’, ‘Panels’, and ‘Quotes’ in Jira. Read more about this enhancement here.
- Starting from this version, the custom journal objects in Cherwell can be included as fields that can be mapped to synchronize comments. Learn how.
- We have enhanced the ability of our Cherwell adapter. It is enhanced to handle redirects while synchronizing attachments.
- The Cherwell adapter now supports rich text fields. Click here for more information.
- We have increased the efficiency of the Cherwell Adapter by implementing a few optimizations on the database side.
- Issue Linking is now supported for the Cherwell adapter.
ConnectALL Insights Analytics
The hierarchy plugin now displays the percentage done in the parent and child objects. This provides better clarity at a glance. Read more about the hierarchy plugin.
Starting from this version, the ConnectALL installer provides you with a choice to abort the installation or continue with it if any issues are encountered during the installation process.
- While creating an app-link with BMC remedy, the fields are loaded and displayed without any delay or fault.
- Syncing URLs (within a parenthesis) is now possible while integrating ALM and Jira.
- Testcase steps within angle brackets will now successfully synchronize when you are syncing test cases from Micro Focus ALM to Azure DevOps.
- Installing ConnectALL version 2.10.22 in Windows 2019 server caused issues. This is resolved in this version.
Issues encountered while creating a connection for DoorsNG adapter are resolved.
When you synchronize a Micro Focus ALM <-> Azure DevOps app-link after editing a test step in Micro Focus ALM, all the previously edited test steps are also synced along with the newly edited one. This is fixed in Release 126.96.36.199.
Text formatted using advanced formatting options may not sync as expected in Jira <-> AzureDevOps app-links. This is fixed in version 2.10.24
- When you synced a Micro Focus ALM ↔ Azure DevOps app-link after editing test step in Micro Focus ALM, all the previously edited test steps were also synced along with the newly edited one. This issue is fixed through this release.
- We now support the 'Attachment Deletion' feature.
- BMC Remedy has rolled out a new API in its newly released version. To be in sync with that change, starting from this version, ConnectALL allows you to select the BMC Remedy version while doing field mapping.
- There is a UI enhancement for the BMC Remedy adapter. The visibility of the staging form fields in the Entity Mapping tab will be decided by the option you choose against the ‘Sync Operations’ field in the Flow Properties pane.
- Loading views from DOORS Module with DWA 188.8.131.52 is now possible
- ‘Attachment Deletion’ is now a supported feature in ServiceNow.
ConnectALL now allows synchronizing of variable sets on ServiceNow catalog items.
Our Tricentis Tosca adapter has been further enhanced and you will be now able to map Tosca entities such as Execution List and ExecutionTestCaseLog. This is going to help you extensively if you are integrating Tosca and Micro Focus ALM.
- Starting from this version, the sync failure messages provide more details such as poll/correlation ID, failed thread name of the failed sync. We believe this will help the troubleshooting process and easily determine the cause of an issue.
- This version’s installer is fully equipped to handle upgrades; and issues relating to Mule service are handled.
- In ServiceNow app-links, henceforth, the catalog variables will be loaded without any issues in the Field Mapping screen. Also, the synchronization of check-box fields into check-box type catalog variables have been improved.
- We have re-engineered the Cherwell adapter to retrieve and display all the modified records according to the pagination attribute.
- The issues relating to retrieving modified records in the AzureDevOps adapter are rectified.
- We have got the public comments synchronization to the Jira Service Desk working and you will be not be facing any synchronization issues.
- Mule deployments and overall the functioning of Mule service has been enhanced and works without a glitch.
- Issues in bulk synchronizations involving Cloud Jira adapter have been resolved.
- We are continuously working to harden the Comments Visibility feature to ensure that synchronizations of private comments in Jira-Jira app links work as per expectations.
- In Jira–ServiceNow app-links, the following issues are fixed:
- Comment duplications were observed when a username is included in the comments field
- Issues relating to synchronizations of checkbox field variables
- Tosca and Micro Focus ALM users can now synchronize:
- The test cases and design steps from ALM to Tosca
- The test instances under a Test set In ALM can be synced to Execution Entries under the corresponding Execution list in Tosca
- Synchronize the ExecutionTestCaseLog of a Test Instance as a TestRun to ALM
- ConnectALL now allows you to translate record IDs to destination IDs using record map entries. Find out how.
- If you are a Zendesk user, then, starting from this version, ConnectALL allows you to map the URL & ID of a ticket in Zendesk to another tool.
- Starting from 2.10.21, ConnectALL allows you to enable the ConnectALL Jira plugin for syncing comment Author from the UI itself. Find out how.
- We have introduced a Jira 8 compatible ConnectALL plugin. Click here to download.
- ConnectALL now supports the Azure SQL database. For more information, click here.
- Our Universal Adapter is now enhanced to report any update failures during an update.
- The Comments Visibility feature has been fine-tuned and the records sync without duplication, as they should.
- The synchronization has been further refined in Micro Focus ALM – Tricentis Tosca app-links.
- The comments text formatting ability and the comment synchronization feature on the Jira-ALM app links are adjusted to achieve the desired results.
- The Comment Author Configuration feature using the ConnectALL properties file is now improved and it rules out any duplication errors that you may have noticed.
- The issues relating to Automatic User Value Mapping in ADO-ALM app-links have been ironed out.
An error is generated when you create a connection for the database adapter with Azure SQL as the database.
- When you try to change the database and save it in the Database Configuration screen, the configuration is not saved.
We are trying to resolve these issues, and they will be fixed in future releases.
- Starting from this version, ConnectALL supports authentication using OAuth. For Jira Server (on-prem), we support OAuth 1.0, and for ServiceNow, we support OAuth 2.0.
- ConnectALL now supports the SAML authentication system via PingFederate. Find out how.
- We have done some improvements to the Value Stream Visualizer related to the app-link creation from the VSM.
- ConnectALL now equips you with the ability to resync one particular record or a set of records by using an API. Click here for more information.
- Starting from this version, you will be able to have two separate database users—a ConnectALL database user to set up the ConnectALL DB and another user (read-only) for Insights Analytics that allows ConnectALL Insights Analytics to connect to the database. Click here for more info.
- Good news for IBM DOORS adapter users. We’ve improved the ‘Record ID Synchronization’ in version 2.10.19 and below. Click here for more info.
- We have introduced a universal adapter for Planview.
Insights Analytics Enhancement
We have enhanced the ability to configure organizational hierarchies in the Insights Analytics common data model.
- The following page has been updated with documentation for Zendesk flow filters.
- We have improved the ability to clear the values in the destination application after a sync is complete.
- Enabling/Disabling an app-link in the Value Stream Designer is more responsive and the line color reflects the changes.
- In Zendesk–ServiceNow app-links, It is now possible to achieve comments synchronization as per the comment visibility mapping settings.
- Starting from this version, comment visibility mapping can be performed from the value mapping screen (for Jira–Jira app-links).
- On the installation side, you will be able to abort an installation (Windows and Linux), if you run into any unforeseen issues.
- The error ‘Missing required information to save’ is displayed when trying to import a universal adapter configuration file when there is a mismatch in the datatypes. Click here for more information.
You may experience some trouble when you try to start the Tomcat service after installing 2.10.20 on a server/computer that does not have internet connectivity. If you experience any such issue, please contact our support team.
Microsoft Project Server/Online Enhancements
- The automatic user value mapping feature is now available for Microsoft Project Online and Microsoft Project Server adapters.
- Using a custom flag, you will now be able to restrict old records from getting resynchronized again. For more information, click here.
ConnectALL Insights Enhancement
- We have introduced a new table in the Insights Analytics data model for your organization structure. This table will be installed as a part of the Insights Data model.
- Starting from this version, you will be able to successfully synchronize attachments from ServiceNow to Jira Service Desk using attachment visibility configuration.
- We have fixed the issue concerning synchronizing attachments.
- In an app-link between AzureDevOps and Micro Focus ALM, the AzureDevOps’ project details were appearing in Micro Focus ALM’s details field. This issue is fixed.
Support for this version has ended. Please contact our support team to upgrade to our latest version.
ConnectALL Insights Adapter Enhancement
We have updated the default fields that are loaded for IBM Rational DOORS and Microsoft Project in the Field Mapping page.
Tagged user synchronization for Jira users — Starting from this version, you would be able to sync the tagged users in the comments field. Click here for more information.
We've fixed the issue in the 'Related Field Configuration' feature and it now works as expected.
When creating an app-link between Atlassian Jira and ConnectALL's Database Adapter, If the datatype for any field is selected as ‘Unknown’, the synchronization fails with the following error: “due to the error No operations allowed after connection closed”.
IBM DOORS Next Generation connection creation is not working as expected in Linux environments. However, it works fine in Windows environments. We have developed a patch to address this issue. You can contact our support team to obtain the patch.
- You will not be able to perform the comment visibility mapping from the Value Mapping screen in versions 2.10.18 and 2.10.19. However, it is possible in version 2.10.17 and below. This is resolved in version 2.10.20.
In Jira–ServiceNow app-links, comments get duplicated when you include usernames in the comments field. This is resolved in version 2.10.22.
We are working actively to resolve these issues, and they will be addressed in future versions.
Support for this version has ended. Please contact our support team to upgrade to our latest version.
ConnectALL Insights Analytics Enhancements
- The ConnectALL Insights Analytics hierarchy plugin will also be installed along with ConnectALL Insights Analytics, and you will be able to use it via the ConnectALL Insights Analytics UI.
- You will now be able to specify the database details for ConnectALL Insights Analytics that will appear as a database source option in the ConnectALL Insights Analytics UI.
Starting from this version, our AzureDevOps’ adapter supports moving work items between projects.
Support for this version has ended. Please contact our support team to upgrade to our latest version.
- To improve security, we have deactivated the browser auto-complete feature for password fields.
- Starting from this version, you will be able to upgrade the ConnectALL Insights Database and Connection through the ConnectALL installer itself. If you choose to upgrade and if you have an existing version already installed, the installer will provide information about your existing version and the latest version. The Installer also allows you to install ConnectALL Insights Database.
- We have introduced a ConnectALL Runtime Monitor application that gets installed along with ConnectALL and if you are on lower versions, you will be able to download it. This application generates an HTML report that captures vital information about the ConnectALL application, which in turn will be useful when you are troubleshooting issues.
- We now support the Smart Attachments plugin for Jira. Click here for more information.
- This version includes a security patch concerning logging for Cherwell and Rally.
The ConnectALL installer now provides you with the ability to install ConnectALL Insights Analytics — a visualization and analytics solution from ConnectALL.
Microsoft Project Server Adapter Enhancements
- We have done many enhancements to our Microsoft Project Server (MSPS) adapter:
- The adapter now supports resource assignment. (i.e) a resource field in MSPS can now be synced with an assignee field in the destination application.
- The issue linking feature is improved. For example, if you have an app-link between MSPS and ServiceNow, you will be able to sync multiple levels of tasks of MSPS to ServiceNow’s project tasks preserving the original hierarchy.
- The MSPS adapter now supports predecessor synchronization.
A ‘Missing Fields’ section is introduced in the ‘Field Mapping’ screen that helps you to identify the fields that you have mapped but could be missing in the original application.
You can now map two WebLinks fields when you map two Jira Instances. For more information, click here.
We reduced the number of logins required to sync with Salesforce that reduces the possibility of user-lockout issues that you may have experienced before.
- Additional fields are introduced to the Insights data model.
- Starting from this version, the related field configuration feature is available for all adapters.
- We’ve made a performance optimization tuning that reduces the CPU utilization during app-link synchronization.
- Group Admins can now delete the failed records from the Dashboard.
- This version contains a security patch that reduces the logging of synchronization data.
Value Stream Enhancement
- We have added the ability to directly enable, view, and edit an app-link from the Value Stream layout itself.
- Universal Adapter is enhanced to handle effectively the transformation spec failures due to 'create record' with API type RESPONSE.
- Starting from this version, the comment visibility option is available for bulk link configuration.
- We’ve introduced a Refresh button in the Managed Scheduled Links widget (in the Dashboard) that will help you to refresh all the displayed records at the same time.
- For DOORS NG users — ConnectALL is now equipped with the ability to connect with DOORS NG installations behind a proxy server.
Along with the above enhancements, there are many quality improvements and bug fixes.
Value Stream Enhancement
- Starting from this version, you can add an existing connection to the Value Stream layout. For more information, click here.
- The Email settings that you configure can now be tested from the UI itself. We have added a Test Mail Configuration button to the Email Settings screen that allows you to test the configuration immediately after you configure it.
- You will be able to delete a successfully synced record’s record map entry from the ConnectALL application.
- We have made several improvements and enhancement in the UI that is going to improve your user experience.
- ConnectALL now supports ServiceNow’s latest version — Paris.
- Starting from this version, you will be able to change the displayed log levels in the Monitor Logs screen and view the required log level. This new enhancement helps you to gather relevant information without having to restart the servers.
Exciting enhancement to ConnectALL’s Microsoft Project Online adapter — ConnectALL supports hierarchical linking and you will be able to sync hierarchies that you have created in Microsoft Project Online.
Value Stream Enhancements
There are two major enhancements in the Value Stream layout. Starting from this version,
- You can directly create a new connection from the Value Stream layout itself, and
- The Value Stream layout allows you to create an app-link between the nodes present in it.
For more information, click here.
- The Bulk Link configuration feature is available for Admin, Editor, and Contributor roles.
- There are many usability enhancements in the Universal Adapter UI, which is going to improve your experience while you are creating and importing a Universal Adapter.
Good news for BMC Remedy Users — starting from this version you will be able to sync task–parent relationships that you have created in BMC Remedy.
Prior to 2.10.8, some licenses, in certain situations, did not always end properly at 23:59:59 local time on the ConnectALL server. As of 2.10.8, new and renewal license keys will end at the proper time on the expiration date. Resolving this issue requires an upgrade to ConnectALL and issuance of new licenses.
As of November 2020, ConnectALL routinely generates new-style license keys which are incompatible with releases prior to 2.10.8. If ConnectALL issues new renewal keys and they do not work (because your ConnectALL is on an older version), reach out to your Account Manager or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for getting licenses that are compatible with older versions of ConnectALL.
Great News! We’ve released ConnectALL’s Insights adapter and it is available now.
- Creates and populates the Insights Data Model for the various dashboards in Insights Analytics.
- Connects to multiple sources/applications and gleans data.
- Enables you to transform the data into contextual and actionable information which aids you to make rapid decisions.
The multi-project configuration feature is extended to our IBM Rational Team Concert and Azure DevOps adapters.
Value Stream Enhancements
Starting from this version,
The installation process adds a default set of icons to the value stream visualizer, and they will be displayed under the Uploaded tab.
You can delete an uploaded icon from the value stream visualizer.
ConnectALL is now compatible with Oracle version 19c.
IBM Doors' latest version — 9.7.1 is now supported.
The Automatic User Value Mapping feature is not working as expected in app-links between Azure DevOps and Micro Focus ALM. Due to this, you may experience sync failures in user field updates.
- We have clarified and simplified the Conflict Management Strategy terminologies. The new terminologies introduced in this version are:
- Fixed – The application that you select as Fixed takes precedence in case of conflict and the values from the Fixed application will always overwrite the other.
- Swap is the same as None – None was originally intended for use in the unidirectional app-links and unidirectional field mappings where a conflict-management strategy is not needed. Setting the strategy to Swap (None) disables the internal processing and caching of the field values. However, if you select Swap in a bidirectional app-link, it results in the field values getting swapped. We felt that 'Swap' more richly describes the behavior.
- ConnectALL (Version 2.9.x and Version 2.10.x) is compatible with Microsoft SQL 2017.
- The Project selection in Azure DevOps can now retrieve more than 100 projects.
- When you import and export a Universal Adapter, the icons will be imported and exported as well.
A new logging feature that records the activities (such as enabling and disabling of app-links, creation, deletion, modification of app-links, etc…) in a separate log file, is introduced. Click here for more information.
Our sales and pricing model includes the concept of tiers, but until now those tiers haven’t been incorporated into the product license management. Starting from this version, the concept of a core license is introduced. The core license allows you to enable a specified number of application links. Click here for more information.
Reach out to your sales account manager to get a core license issued before you upgrade to 2.10.4
We have introduced filters in the alarms screen. These filters will help you to search through the list of alarms.
IBM Rational Doors and IBM Rational Team Concert Users
Starting from this version, we support multiple IBM Rational Doors NG app instances, and IBM RTC app instances (with the same URL) running on the same server.
We have enhanced the comments visibility feature that will help you when you are integrating ServiceNow and Azure DevOps.
Universal Adapter Enhancement
- Comment synchronization is now possible with ConnectALL’s Universal Adapter.
- From this version, the multi-project configuration feature is automatically enabled for the following adapters:
- Atlassian Jira
- Micro Focus ALM/QC
- Perforce Helix ALM
- CA Agile Central Software
It is now possible to convert a single-project application link to a multi-project supported application link. For further information, click here.
Notice About Business Scripts
ConnectALL’s Jira adapter, starting from this version will use the field IDs for synchronization. If you are using business scripts that use labels, they need to be updated with IDs. For more information, click here.
- The alarm notifications feature is enhanced further. From now on, you will be able to configure each alarm type notification to be separately enabled/disabled for a particular user(s).
- ServiceNow - The ServiceNow adapter is enhanced to support issue linking. For further information, click here.
- AzureDevOps - Starting from this version, you will be able to map the _URL field of any application to a hyperlinked field in AzureDevOps, and likewise, you can map the _URL field of Azure DevOps to a custom field of any application.
Universal Adapter Enhancements
- Our Universal Adapter is now enhanced to send payload as URL query params for creating and updating records.
- We have introduced a new UI to configure the external application provided API. For more information, click here.
- From this version, you can export a universal adapter configuration along with its spec.
- We now support PATCH ReST calls.
ConnectALL 2.10.1 is available with improvements and bug fixes. For further information about the new version, please contact our support team.
As you may already know, Microsoft is migrating organizations to use the new URL – https://dev.azure.com, for the Azure DevOps (SaaS) connections. To be in sync with that change, ConnectALL will be using this generic URL for all the app-links and will use the Collection/Organization to distinguish between organization and projects. Therefore, for Azure DevOps (SaaS), the collection/organization name will be used to determine the license count, and for on-premise Azure DevOps installations, ConnectALL licensing is per server endpoint.
We are back with our latest version – ConnectALL Version 2.10. With this version, we present you a brand new user interface, packed with powerful new features to help you get the best out of your value stream. In this version, the UI is completely overhauled keeping in mind the ease of use. Let’s see what has changed. Read on.
Top Navigation Bar
- A re-organized top navigation bar that offers easy access to all the vital options such as Dashboard, Connections, Integrations, Value Stream, and Metrics. Along with this, on the right side of the bar, you will see a group of icons whose functions are listed below:
- Bell icon – Provides access to the Alarms page.
- Lifebuoy icon – Opens the help content.
- Cog wheel icon – Hosts all the advanced configuration options including Database Settings, Universal Adapters, etc.
- User icon – Provides access to the ‘User Management' page, ‘Change Password' page, and the Logout option.
Brand new Home/Dashboard page
ConnectALL 2.10 has a new Dashboard that doubles up as a control station from where you can effectively monitor your complete value stream. The Dashboard offers:
- The Value Stream layout that is going to be a game-changer for your value stream integration.
- Activity Monitor that offers a snapshot of real-time synchronization activity.
- Access to logs included in the Manage Scheduled Links widget that allows you to view real-time logs directly from the Dashboard.
Value Stream Visualization
The first thing you notice when you open ConnectALL is a visual layout (a part of the Dashboard), that ushers you in. This visual layout is the brainchild of our relentless pursuit to improve your value stream management experience. It helps you by presenting all the connections and app-links in a visual layout, making it easier for anybody to discern them. Needless to say, it enables faster and effective decision-making. There is more to it than you see here in the Dashboard. See Value Stream Visualization for more information.
Enhanced Administrative Privileges
The Admin users are granted access to view:
- The reports of the app-links in their group, and
- The Mule logs of the app-links in their group
Any other changes to be noted?
The highlights that you read above are the main changes that you will see in this version. Other than these changes, all the other screens in the ConnectALL UI have gone through a complete makeover and look refreshingly different but allow you to operate the same way you were operating before.
Will the refreshed UI change the way we use ConnectALL?
This update is bringing in a huge change to the user experience. Besides, there are not going to be any changes in how you use ConnectALL. The UI has been meticulously redesigned taking into account all the human factors into consideration. So just use it the way you have been using it.
Thank you for your continued support, and for being a part of the ConnectALL community.