Microsoft Project Server/Online Enhancements
- The automatic user value mapping feature is now available for Microsoft Project Online and Microsoft Project Server adapters.
- Using a custom flag, you will now be able to restrict old records from getting resynchronized again. For more information, click here.
ConnectALL Insights Enhancement
- We have introduced a new table in the Insights Analytics data model for your organization structure. This table will be installed as a part of the Insights Data model.
- Starting from this version, you will be able to successfully synchronize attachments from ServiceNow to Jira Service Desk.
ConnectALL Insights Adapter Enhancement
We have updated the default fields that are loaded for IBM Rational DOORS and Microsoft Project in the Field Mapping page.
Tagged user synchronization for Jira users — Starting from this version, you would be able to sync the tagged users in the comments field. Click here for more information.
When creating an app-link between Atlassian Jira and ConnectALL's Database Adapter, If the datatype for any field is selected as ‘Unknown’, the synchronization fails with the following error: “due to the error No operations allowed after connection closed”.
IBM DOORS Next Generation connection creation is not working as expected in Linux environments. However, it works fine in Windows environments. We have developed a patch to address this issue. You can contact our support team to obtain the patch.
We are working actively to resolve these above issues, and they will be addressed in the next version.
ConnectALL Insights Analytics Enhancements
- The ConnectALL Insights Analytics hierarchy plugin will also be installed along with ConnectALL Insights Analytics, and you will be able to use it via the ConnectALL Insights Analytics UI.
- You will now be able to specify the database details for ConnectALL Insights Analytics that will appear as a database source option in the ConnectALL Insights Analytics UI.
- Starting from this version, our AzureDevOps’ adapter supports moving work items between projects.
- To improve security, we have deactivated the browser auto-complete feature for password fields.
- Starting from this version, you will be able to upgrade the ConnectALL Insights Database and Connection through the ConnectALL installer itself. If you choose to upgrade and if you have an existing version already installed, the installer will provide information about your existing version and the latest version. The Installer also allows you to install ConnectALL Insights Database.
- We have introduced a ConnectALL Runtime Monitor application that gets installed along with ConnectALL and if you are on lower versions, you will be able to download it. This application generates an HTML report that captures vital information about the ConnectALL application, which in turn will be useful when you are troubleshooting issues.
- We now support the Smart Attachments plugin for Jira. Click here for more information.
- This version includes a security patch concerning logging for Cherwell and Rally.
The ConnectALL installer now provides you with the ability to install ConnectALL Insights Analytics — a visualization and analytics solution from ConnectALL.
- We have done multiple enhancements to our Insights adapter.
- We have revised and improved our LDAP configuration documentation.
Microsoft Project Server Adapter Enhancements
- We have done many enhancements to our Microsoft Project Server (MSPS) adapter:
- The adapter now supports resource assignment. (i.e) a resource field in MSPS can now be synced with an assignee field in the destination application.
- The issue linking feature is improved. For example, if you have an app-link between MSPS and ServiceNow, you will be able to sync multiple levels of tasks of MSPS to ServiceNow’s project tasks preserving the original hierarchy.
- The MSPS adapter now supports predecessor synchronization.
A ‘Missing Fields’ section is introduced in the ‘Field Mapping’ screen that helps you to identify the fields that you have mapped but could be missing in the original application.
You can now map two WebLinks fields when you map two Jira Instances. For more information, click here.
We reduced the number of logins required to sync with Salesforce that reduces the possibility of user-lockout issues that you may have experienced before.
- Additional fields are introduced to the Insights data model.
- Starting from this version, the related field configuration feature is available for all adapters.
- We’ve made a performance optimization tuning that reduces the CPU utilization during app-link synchronization.
- Group Admins can now delete the failed records from the Dashboard.
- This version contains a security patch that reduces the logging of synchronization data.
Value Stream Enhancement
- We have added the ability to directly enable, view, and edit an app-link from the Value Stream layout itself.
- Universal Adapter is enhanced to handle effectively the transformation spec failures due to 'create record' with API type RESPONSE.
- Starting from this version, the comment visibility option is available for bulk link configuration.
- We’ve introduced a Refresh button in the Managed Scheduled Links widget (in the Dashboard) that will help you to refresh all the displayed records at the same time.
- For DOORS NG users — ConnectALL is now equipped with the ability to connect with DOORS NG installations behind a proxy server.
Along with the above enhancements, there are many quality improvements and bug fixes.
Value Stream Enhancement
- Starting from this version, you can add an existing connection to the Value Stream layout. For more information, click here.
- The Email settings that you configure can now be tested from the UI itself. We have added a Test Mail Configuration button to the Email Settings screen that allows you to test the configuration immediately after you configure it.
- You will be able to delete a successfully synced record’s record map entry from the ConnectALL application.
- We have made several improvements and enhancement in the UI that is going to improve your user experience.
- ConnectALL now supports ServiceNow’s latest version — Paris.
- Starting from this version, you will be able to change the displayed log levels in the Monitor Logs screen and view the required log level. This new enhancement helps you to gather relevant information without having to restart the servers.
Exciting enhancement to ConnectALL’s Microsoft Project Online adapter — ConnectALL supports hierarchical linking and you will be able to sync hierarchies that you have created in Microsoft Project Online.
Value Stream Enhancements
There are two major enhancements in the Value Stream layout. Starting from this version,
- You can directly create a new connection from the Value Stream layout itself, and
- The Value Stream layout allows you to create an app-link between the nodes present in it.
For more information, click here.
- The Bulk Link configuration feature is available for Admin, Editor, and Contributor roles.
- There are many usability enhancements in the Universal Adapter UI, which is going to improve your experience while you are creating and importing a Universal Adapter.
Good news for BMC Remedy Users — starting from this version you will be able to sync task–parent relationships that you have created in BMC Remedy.
Great News! We’ve released ConnectALL’s Insights adapter and it is available now.
- Creates and populates the Insights Data Model for the various dashboards in Insights Analytics.
- Connects to multiple sources/applications and gleans data.
- Enables you to transform the data into contextual and actionable information which aids you to make rapid decisions.
The multi-project configuration feature is extended to our IBM Rational Team Concert and Azure DevOps adapters.
Value Stream Enhancements
Starting from this version,
The installation process adds a default set of icons to the value stream visualizer, and they will be displayed under the Uploaded tab.
You can delete an uploaded icon from the value stream visualizer.
ConnectALL is now compatible with Oracle version 19c.
IBM Doors' latest version — 9.7.1 is now supported.
- We have clarified and simplified the Conflict Management Strategy terminologies. The new terminologies introduced in this version are:
- Fixed – The application that you select as Fixed takes precedence in case of conflict and the values from the Fixed application will always overwrite the other.
- Swap is the same as None – None was originally intended for use in the unidirectional app-links and unidirectional field mappings where a conflict-management strategy is not needed. Setting the strategy to Swap (None) disables the internal processing and caching of the field values. However, if you select Swap in a bidirectional app-link, it results in the field values getting swapped. We felt that 'Swap' more richly describes the behavior.
- ConnectALL (Version 2.9.x and Version 2.10.x) is compatible with Microsoft SQL 2017.
- The Project selection in Azure DevOps can now retrieve more than 100 projects.
- When you import and export a Universal Adapter, the icons will be imported and exported as well.
A new logging feature that records the activities (such as enabling and disabling of app-links, creation, deletion, modification of app-links, etc…) in a separate log file, is introduced. Click here for more information.
Our sales and pricing model includes the concept of tiers, but until now those tiers haven’t been incorporated into the product license management. Starting from this version, the concept of a core license is introduced. The core license allows you to enable a specified number of application links. Click here for more information.
Reach out to your sales account manager to get a core license issued before you upgrade to 2.10.4
We have introduced filters in the alarms screen. These filters will help you to search through the list of alarms.
IBM Rational Doors and IBM Rational Team Concert Users
Starting from this version, we support multiple IBM Rational Doors NG app instances, and IBM RTC app instances (with the same URL) running on the same server.
We have enhanced the comments visibility feature that will help you when you are integrating ServiceNow and Azure DevOps.
Universal Adapter Enhancement
- Comment synchronization is now possible with ConnectALL’s Universal Adapter.
- From this version, the multi-project configuration feature is automatically enabled for the following adapters:
- Atlassian Jira
- Microfocus ALM/QC
- Perforce Helix ALM
- CA Agile Central Software
- It is now possible to convert a single-project application link to a multi-project supported application link. For further information, click here.
- The alarm notifications feature is enhanced further. From now on, you will be able to configure each alarm type notification to be separately enabled/disabled for a particular user(s).
- ServiceNow - The ServiceNow adapter is enhanced to support issue linking. For further information, click here.
- AzureDevOps - Starting from this version, you will be able to map the _URL field of any application to a hyperlinked field in AzureDevOps, and likewise, you can map the _URL field of Azure DevOps to a custom field of any application.
Universal Adapter Enhancements
- Our Universal Adapter is now enhanced to send payload as URL query params for creating and updating records.
- We have introduced a new UI to configure the external application provided API. For more information, click here.
- From this version, you can export a universal adapter configuration along with its spec.
- We now support PATCH ReST calls.
ConnectALL 2.10.1 is available with improvements and bug fixes. For further information about the new version, please contact our support team.
As you may already know, Microsoft is migrating organizations to use the new URL – https://dev.azure.com, for the Azure DevOps (SaaS) connections. To be in sync with that change, ConnectALL will be using this generic URL for all the app-links and will use the Collection/Organization to distinguish between organization and projects. Therefore, for Azure DevOps (SaaS), the collection/organization name will be used to determine the license count, and for on-premise Azure DevOps installations, ConnectALL licensing is per server endpoint.
We are back with our latest version – ConnectALL Version 2.10. With this version, we present you a brand new user interface, packed with powerful new features to help you get the best out of your value stream. In this version, the UI is completely overhauled keeping in mind the ease of use. Let’s see what has changed. Read on.
Top Navigation Bar
- A re-organized top navigation bar that offers easy access to all the vital options such as Dashboard, Connections, Integrations, Value Stream, and Metrics. Along with this, on the right side of the bar, you will see a group of icons whose functions are listed below:
- Bell icon – Provides access to the Alarms page.
- Lifebuoy icon – Opens the help content.
- Cog wheel icon – Hosts all the advanced configuration options including Database Settings, Universal Adapters, etc.
- User icon – Provides access to the ‘User Management' page, ‘Change Password' page, and the Logout option.
Brand new Home/Dashboard page
ConnectALL 2.10 has a new Dashboard that doubles up as a control station from where you can effectively monitor your complete value stream. The Dashboard offers:
- The Value Stream layout that is going to be a game-changer for your value stream integration.
- Activity Monitor that offers a snap-shot of real-time synchronization activity.
- Access to logs included in the Manage Scheduled Links widget that allows you to view real-time logs directly from the Dashboard.
Value Stream Visualization
The first thing you notice when you open ConnectALL is a visual layout (a part of the Dashboard), that ushers you in. This visual layout is the brainchild of our relentless pursuit to improve your value stream management experience. It helps you by presenting all the connections and app-links in a visual layout, making it easier for anybody to discern them. Needless to say, it enables faster and effective decision making. There is more to it than you see here in the Dashboard. See Value Stream Visualization for more information.
Enhanced Administrative Privileges
The Admin users are granted access to view:
- The reports of the app-links in their group, and
- The Mule logs of the app-links in their group
Any other changes to be noted?
The highlights that you read above are the main changes that you will see in this version. Other than these changes, all the other screens in the ConnectALL UI have gone through a complete makeover and looks refreshingly different but allows you to operate the same way you were operating before.
Will the refreshed UI change the way we use ConnectALL?
This update is bringing in a huge change to the user experience. Besides, there are not going to be any changes in how you use ConnectALL. The UI has been meticulously redesigned taking in to account all the human factors into consideration. So just use it the way you have been using it.
Thank you for your continued support, and for being a part of the ConnectALL community.