ConnectALL is an integration system using MuleSoft's Enterprise Service Bus to integrate separate applications seamlessly. This system allows multiple mappings between applications to enable data and workflow synchronization. It has two parts:
- An user interface which is a web application that can be deployed onto any application server. This is used by an administrator or Project Lead(s) to maintain the data dictionary that maps fields and values between applications.
- A synchronization engine based on mule based flows, which are deployed into the Mule Integration platform - Enterprise or Community version OR Mule iON (a supported integration platform on the cloud).
ConnectALL has been created to integrate ALM applications within the enterprise. And is growing to be much more, this includes areas of emergency alarms, high availability, Clustered application integration, and integration with business processes.
The purpose of this document is to describe the installation and setup steps necessary for ConnectALL. Once the product has been installed, please refer to the ConnectAll Usage Guide for further details concerning configurations.
A typical example of where ConnectAll could be used to synchronize the data between different work teams and enhance collaboration and communication is the following process:
- Requirement is created in IBM Doors.
- Test case is created in HP Quality Center to test the requirements.
- Defect is created in JIRA to solve a defect identified by the test case.
ConnectALL is platform independent and can be deployed onto any environment that support Java 7. It has been tested on multiple Windows Server platforms as well as Unix/Linux systems. ConnectALL is built on top of MuleSoft platform, which is integrated into the ConnectALL product.
This deployment architecture is not limited to JIRA/QC integration. This is common for any supported ALM system integration.
ConnectALL is setup as its own tier and is the central point of communications between all of the application instances connected. However, individual mapping for different adapters need to be created.
Since ConnectALL is based on MuleSoft ESB, the possibilities are limitless! Go2Group has used ConnectALL to integrate emergency alarms and help desks from a power company and enable a web sales company, to integrate sales, shipping, order fulfillment, and inventory seamlessly and in near real time, with the certainty of a world class ESB.
Terms and Definitions
|Application||An application like JIRA, HP QC, Microsoft Project, Microsoft TFS, etc.|
|Adapter||Piece of code written by Go2Group to enable remote communications (preferably via a web service).|
|Application Instance||An instance of an Application e.g. JIRA running on port 8080.|
|Application Link||A mapping of fields and values between 2 application instances.|
An application instance can be used in as many application links as you want. For a new application instance, a new license must be purchased. Licenses are per application instance.