ConnectALL interacts with the Jama application via its ReST API.
Open Authorization (OAuth)
Sync Issue Linking
The Artifacts were retrieved from the Jama connector dynamically. It supports all the custom and system Artifacts created in the Jama server.
How to Generate OAuth Client Credentials — Client ID and Client Secret
Jama cloud hosted users can now authenticate ReST calls via OAuth through ConnectALL. To use this as the method of authentication, follow the below procedure.
- Login to JamaCloud with the basic credential
- Navigate to change the user settings and Click the "Set API Credentials" button
- Enter a name for your application/integration
- Click the "Create API Credentials" button
- Be sure to copy your Client ID and Client Secret. The secret is only displayed once!
Now, configure the client credential in ConnectALL to exchange for an access token which will make request to the ReST API. This access token will be viable for a specific time. When the access token expires, ConnectALL internally owns a fail-over logic which will revive the access token periodically ensuring no hindrance to the iterative ReST API calls it makes.
Configure Application Link
A Jama application URL is required to configure. There will be two authentication types available for user selection - Basic and OAuth. The configured Jama username/Client must have sufficient privileges to load projects and their metadata.
Project and Item Type are the entities required for the Jama adapter. Based on the Item type the fields will be retrieved.
ConnectALL supports all the system and custom fields available on the Jama server.
The parent field is a required field. Based on the parent, the items will be created under the Specific Entity.
Comment Field Mapping
For comment synchronization, select the Comment field from the Jama application.
The multi project configuration for Jama can be done with the below steps.
- Select the "ALL" option from the Project field dropdown in the Entity Mapping tab and click "Configure fields".
- In the field mapping, add the project field and map the projects to be synchronized. This mapping is mandatory for the synchronization.
Please review the Flow Filter documentation for further information.
Time Difference Configuration
To know how to calculate the time difference, and configure it in the ConnectALL UI, read the topic Time Difference Configuration.