Upgrade Using Installer
- Ensure the required environment variables listed below are set.
- Download the ConnectALL installer file. Please reach out directly to your ConnectALL team to receive a link for this file.
- Stop the ConnectALL core and Tomcat services. If you did not stop the ConnectALL core and Tomcat services, the installer would do it for you; however, it is always a good practice to stop the services before any upgrade.
- Ensure that,
- Your database is running, and
- You have taken a backup of your database before you start the upgrade.
Ensure that you choose the Run as Administrator option when you execute the installer. This enables a smooth upgrade when you upgrade ConnectALL.
If you want to upgrade Insights, select the Insights option. The installer will create a new connection to the Insights database and create the Insights schema if it doesn't already exist. Also, if you have an existing Insights schema and a connection, ConnectALL displays a message that a connection already exists during the upgrade. If you choose the ConnectALL Insights Analytics option, the installer upgrades the ConnectALL Insights Analytics component.
Upgrade in Windows Environment
- Double-click the ConnectALL installation file. The Open File – Security Warning screen will be displayed.
- Click Run. The installer informs you that ConnectALL is preparing the install4j wizard, which will guide you through the rest of the set-up process. A wizard is displayed when the preparation is complete.
- Click Next. The License Agreement screen is displayed. By default, I do not accept the agreement will be selected. Only if you scroll down and read the complete agreement will you be allowed to click, ‘I accept the agreement’; and the Next button will be available to click. Otherwise, a warning message, ‘Please read the license first’, will be displayed and prompts you to complete reading the agreement. After reading the agreement, click Next to proceed.
- The Select Destination Directory screen is displayed. You can proceed with the location shown by default or click Browse to select a location where you would like ConnectALL to be installed. If you are choosing a location, ensure that the path does not contain any spaces in it.
- The following screen is displayed. Select the Upgrade option and click Next.
- The installer will inform that the server stop commands are issued and ‘DB backup may be REQUIRED!!!’ will be displayed. It would be best if you backed up your database manually to ensure data integrity. If you have not backed up, proceed once you have completed the backup. Continue with the upgrade if you have backed up and want to proceed.
- If you wish to back up your database before proceeding, select No and complete the manual backup of your database.
- After the database has (or has not) been backed up, select Yes to continue with the installation.
- Check the location of the Tomcat folder displayed on the screen, change it if you wish to, and click Next.
- The installer displays the components to install/upgrade. Select ConnectALL (along with the other components you wish to upgrade) and click Next.
- Check the required option If you are upgrading ConnectALL Insights Analytics or ConnectALL Insights Database and Connection. If you have an existing ConnectALL Insights connection, note that after you confirm the backup folder (in the Select ConnectALL Backup folder location screen), the installer verifies the Insights version details and displays the current version and the available version. If you are on a lower version, read the information available here to upgrade.
- Suppose you are upgrading Tomcat or ConnectALL core service. In that case, an information box is displayed that explains that the installation process upgrades only the ConnectALL installation. If a newer version of Tomcat or ConnectALL core service is required, you will be required to upgrade them manually.
- Select the type of database to be configured, and click Next. (Now, If the services are not running, you may receive a notification. Start the database service and try again.)
- Select the ConnectALL home folder location and click Next.
- Select the ConnectALL backup folder location and click Next.
- Provide the Insights Analytics Read Only User Account and click Next. (The below screen will appear only if you are upgrading ConnectALL Insights Analytics.)
The upgrade begins, and while installing, 'Database is up to date...' message is displayed. Click OK. The installer confirms the Insights version and displays the version of Insights. Click Next. (The Insights Version details screen appears only if you are upgrading Insights Analytics.)
- The installation wizard then validates and displays all the available ports. You can change the ports if required. Otherwise click Next.
- An installation summary is displayed. Review the information and click Next.
- You should see the option to finish once you have reached the end. Click Finish.
Upgrade in Linux Environment
- Download the ConnectALL installation file to the required directory in your Linux system.
- Initiate the installation using the downloaded ConnectALL installer file. The file would prompt you to confirm.
- Press 'O' or the Enter button. This will start the ConnectALL upgrade, and the license agreement will be displayed. If you want to cancel the installation, press 'C'.
- Read the license agreement. The system will prompt you to press 'Enter' to proceed after it displays each point in the terms and conditions.
- Press '1' (yes) to accept the terms and conditions, when you arrive at the final page of Terms and Conditions; press '2' (No) if you want to disagree and review.
- The system displays the question, 'Where should ConnectALL be installed' and displays a path. Press the Enter key to proceed with installing in the displayed path. Otherwise, enter a location to install and press Enter.
- Press 2 for the upgrade, as shown in the below image.
- The installer offers to install the components and lists them. Select the components that you want to upgrade and proceed. You will be able to provide the database details for ConnectALL Insights Analytics, which will appear as the default data source. Also, ConnectALL's hierarchy plugin will be automatically installed when you select the ConnectALL Insights Analytics option.
- If you have selected all the options, the installer recommends that you backup tomcat custom configurations, if any.
- You will be prompted to choose a database. Enter your choice and press Enter. In the below example, MySQL is chosen. ConnectALL allows you use the Azure SQL database also. If you are using Azure SQL, select the SQLServer option (this option works for both on-prem and Azure SQL). Select JTDS if you are using SQL Server (on-prem).
Note: If you are using MySQL version 8, you have to configure the timezone in the MySQL my.cnf file as provided below and restart the MySQL service.
# Set default time zone
Note: If you are selecting Oracle and PostgreSQL, Ensure that you have created a database schema in advance before you start the installation process. Further progression without creating the DB schema will lead to failure in the DB Connectivity test.
- Select the driver for your DB.
- Select the Insights Analytics installation location.
- The installer will prompt you to backup. Provide a backup location.
- Confirm if the ConnectALL Insights DB Configuration must use the ConnectALL DB Config. Provide a Read Only User Account and Password.
- You will get the following confirmations.
Note:The upgrade begins, and while installing, 'Database is up to date...' message is displayed. Click OK. The installer confirms the Insights version and displays the version of Insights. Click Next. (The Insights Version details screen appears only if you are upgrading Insights Analytics.)
- The ports are validated, and the following information is displayed.
Note: The default ports will be made available. You can choose to continue with the same ports or, provide custom ports that will be validated before assignment to the respective services.
- The following list of information is displayed, providing you with all the details about the upgrade.
You have successfully upgraded ConnectALL in your Linux environment.