Install any of the supported databases.
Note: Before you start the installation, stop the ConnectALL core and Tomcat services. Also, choose the Run as Administrator option to run the installer, to ensure a smooth installation.
- Double-click the ConnectALL installation file. The following screen will be displayed.
- Click Run. The installer informs you that ConnectALL is preparing the install4j wizard, which will guide you through the rest of the set-up process. A wizard is displayed when the preparation is complete.
Click Next. The License Agreement screen is displayed. By default, I do not accept the agreement is selected. Only if you scroll down and read the complete agreement, you will be allowed to click, ‘I accept the agreement’; and the Next button will be available to click. Otherwise, a warning message, ‘Please read the license first’ is displayed, and prompts you to complete reading the agreement. After reading the agreement, click Next to proceed.
- The Select Destination directory screen is displayed. You can choose to proceed with the location shown by default or click Browse to select a location where you would like ConnectALL to be installed. If you are choosing a location of your choice, ensure that the path does not contain any spaces in it.
The following screen is displayed. Select the Install option to install and click Next.
Select the components that you want to install and click Next. If you check the Insights option, the installer sets up the Insights Adapter with a new connection to the Insights database and installs the Insights schema on that DB. If you choose ConnectALL Insights Analytics, the installer installs the ConnectALL Insights Analytics component. You will be able to provide separate (read-only) database details for ConnectALL Insights Analytics. This will appear as the default data source in ConnectALL Insights Analytics. ConnectALL's hierarchy plugin will be automatically be installed when you select the ConnectALL Insights Analytics option.
Note: Oracle announced its new Java license model that became effective in 2018. Oracle has ended the public updates to Java 8. If you wish, you can switch to AdoptOpenJDK from Oracle JDK. To do that, you need to,
- Install AdoptOpenJDK.
- Change the $JAVA_HOME environment variable and $JRE_HOME to point the installation to AdoptOpenJDK.
- Restart the Tomcat and ConnectALL core services for the changes to take effect.
During installation, unselect the JAVA option and ensure that the JAVA path is pointing to the correct location of OpenJDK.
- The Select Java Installation screen displays the Java installation location. Click Next.
- The Select Location of Tomcat screen displays the location to install Tomcat. You can proceed to install in the displayed location (or) click Browse to install in the location of your choice. After choosing the location, click Next.
- Select the database to install.
Note: If you are using MySQL version 8, you have to configure the timezone in the MySQL my.ini file as provided below, but make sure it is saved as UTF-8 (use Notepad++ and set the encoding), not "UTF-8 BOM" (which will cause MySQL not to start), which happens sometimes using Notepad:
# Set default time zone
default-time-zone = '+00:00'
- We have provided the location from where you can download the drivers for various databases here. Download the appropriate driver for your database and save it. Mention the saved driver location in the Please Select the driver for DB field or click Browse to select the location of the downloaded driver.
ConnectALL allows to use the Microsoft Azure SQL database. If you are using Microsoft Azure SQL, select the SQLServer option (this option works for both on-prem and Azure SQL). Select JTDS if you are using SQL Server (on-prem).
- The Additional URL Configuration field allows you to add additional attributes for a connection. The information you add here will be appended to the URL and will be saved to the db.properties file.
- If you want to know how MySQL's Connector/j performs time offset adjustments on date-time values, click here.
For advanced connection configuration, Please refer here.
- Enter the database URL, DB Name, and user credentials in the ConnectALL DB configuration screen. Click Test Connection. If the connection is successfully validated, the message, ‘Connected successfully’ will be displayed. Click OK to the validation message and click Next in the wizard. The connection has to be validated successfully to proceed. If you do not get the validation message, check the credentials that you have used to connect to the database and try again. If the issue persists, contact your database administrator. When you click the Test Connection button, ConnectALL tests both sets of credentials to make sure they can access the DB and displays the results.
Note: ConnectALL allows you to have two separate users—a read-write ConnectALL database user to set up the ConnectALL DB and another user for Insights Analytics that allows ConnectALL Insights Analytics to connect to the database with a read-only user. In the below screen, enter the ConnectALL credentials and ConnectALL Insights Analytics credentials in the respective fields.
- The installation progresses as shown below.
Note: ConnectALL will display a message if any of the database scripts fail to execute. You will have the option to either continue with the installation or abort it. If you continue, the installation will complete, and the installation summary (in step 14) will display a list of the failed scripts. If you abort, you will be directed to the SQL Script Failure Summary screen that will display the details of the erroneous scripts, and the installation will be aborted. Take note of the details on that screen.
- The Choose ConnectALL Home Folder screen displays the home folder. To change the displayed folder, click Browse. To proceed, click Next.
- The screen displays the ports available from the server. Note that the ports are displayed by the ConnectALL application for synchronization. Additionally, if you have chosen to install Insights or ConnectALL Insights Analytics, those ports will also be displayed. If the ports are used by some other application, they can be changed. Click Next.
- Review the displayed information and click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
This is a good point to install the "natel-plotly-panel" plugin into ConnectALL Insights Analytics since installing plugins requires restarting the Insights service. This plugin is used by ConnectALL's recommended starter-set of metrics.
After the installation, to start ConnectALL, restart the computer. The ConnectALL core and Tomcat services will start automatically.
Check the application logs if the Tomcat service fails to start post-installation by going into Event Viewer > Windows Log > System.
You can now access ConnectALL via http://localhost:8080/ConnectAll. The default username/password is “admin/welcome”.
Ensure that the installer does not display the message "scripts not executed successfully". The error indicates that the installation was not successful. Contact support if you see this error.
|Microsoft SQL Server - Azure||https://github.com/microsoft/mssql-jdbc/releases/download/v7.4.1/mssql-jdbc-7.4.1.jre8.jar|
|Microsoft SQL Server - On-Prem||https://github.com/microsoft/mssql-jdbc/releases/download/v7.4.1/mssql-jdbc-7.4.1.jre8.jar|
|Note that the above link is specific to MySQL 5. And if you are using MySQL 8, click here to download.|