ConnectALL's ReST-based IBM Rational DOORS adapter allows you to configure IBM Rational DOORS and sync records from it to other applications.
Dynamic Record Linking (supported only for internal IDs)
You have to install the ConnectALL-DOORS API service to start using ConnectALL's ReST-based IBM Rational DOORS adapter. (Please contact our support team to get the installation file.) To install the DOORS API service, follow the below installation procedure.
- Double-click the installer file and click Run. (The installer informs you that ConnectALL–DOORSAPIService is preparing the install4j wizard which will guide you through the rest of the set-up process.) The installation will be displayed when the preparation is complete.
- Click Next. The Select Destination Directory screen will be displayed.
- Click Browse to select the destination directory and click Next.
- Click Next in the DOORS component screen. (The DOORSService option will be already selected on this screen.)
On the Service Options screen, provide the Account Username and Password and click Next. (Use the Username and Password of the account that you are going to use for the DOORS Service on this server/computer.) The DOORS Client Installation Location screen will be displayed.
After you have installed the DOORS ReST API, the DXL client will be accessed to run the DXL scripts. As the DXL client cannot be accessed by a standard user, a domain user’s credentials are required while installing this API. So use a domain user's credentials (instead of a local user) in the above step.
- Click Browse to select the DOORS client installation path and click Next. Select the location where the DOORS client is installed. (For example) C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS9.6\bin\doors.exe.
The installation progress will be displayed as the file gets extracted and installed. You should see the finish screen with a confirmation message that the setup has finished installing the ConnectALL–DOORSAPIService once it is successfully installed. Click Finish to exit setup.
The ConnectALL–DOORS API service gets installed in the destination directory and folder that you have chosen. Go to that installation location (shown below in the left side image). The ConnectALL–DOORS API service installation is in the C:\ drive and the folder contains the items displayed in the right side image.
- Click the Uninstall.exe file. An information window will be displayed prompting you to,
- Stop all the active services before you proceed, and
- Close the files under the root directory where ConnectALL–DOORS API service is installed.
- Click Next. The ConnectALL–DOORS API service Uninstall window is displayed.
- Acknowledge the removal of the existing ConnectALL–DOORS API service installation and all its components. Click Next.
- The uninstallation begins and the ConnectALL–DOORS API service Uninstall screen displays the progress. Once it is complete, the screen displays a confirmation.
- Click Finish.
The uninstallation is complete.
The IBM Rational DOORS (ReST) adapter supports the 'Basic Auth' authentication model to connect. You will need the below details to create an IBM Rational DOORS connection:
- URL (Add the server URL where ConnectALL– DOORS API service is installed)
- User Name
- Time Zone
Before creating a connection in a fresh instance, ensure that a module or a catalog has already been created in that instance.
In the Entity Mapping screen, choose the 'tickettype' and 'module' for synchronization.
A typical field mapping between IBM Rational DOORS (ReST) and Atlassian Jira is shown below:
The property file in the ConnectALL-DOORS API service can be opened and modified to set desired values for various properties. Provided below are the properties and what each one specifies.
|Property||What it Specifies?|
|server.port||The server port on which the application will be installed.|
|dxl.timeout||The maximum time the application will wait for the response from the DXL client after executing the DXL script.|
|max.dxl.client.retry||The maximum number of retries for executing the DXL scripts if a pre-defined error occurs.|
|server.tomcat.threads.max||The maximum parallel requests the ConnectALL-DOORS API service will process or handle.|
|logging.config||The path for the Application log4j and configuration path for log4j.xml. The path for the logs can be changed in log4j.xml file.|
We have provided the flow filters here.
Time Difference Configuration
To know how to calculate the time difference, and configure it in the ConnectALL UI, read the topic Time Difference Configuration.