Application Mapping Procedure
To map two applications, follow the steps below. Alternatively, you can create an app-link from the Value Stream Designer screen as well.
- Click Integrations from the top navigation bar. The Integrations page is displayed and the New Application Link section on the right side displays the Application 1 and Application 2 drop-down lists.
- Select an application from the left-side column, by clicking the drop-down menu below the Application 1 field (1).
- Select an application from the right-side column, by clicking the drop-down menu below the Application 2 field (2).
- Enter a unique Application Link Name (3) and click Map Apps (4). A new screen is displayed with the application link name (displayed on top) that you provided in the previous screen. The Configuration tab displays the applications that you selected in the previous screen (Application 1 and Application 2).
Enter a unique connection name by clicking the (+) icon (5) next to the Connection Name field (or) If you have already linked an URL with a connection name, click the magnifying glass icon (6). The Available Connections screen is displayed.
It is possible to create a new connection name (with a URL) or use an existing connection name that you have already created.
- Select the required URL by clicking under the Action column against the URL (7).
- Enter the Username and Password (8). Note that you can modify your existing credentials here, if you have one.
Click Validate Connection (9). Only if the connection is successfully validated, you will be allowed to configure the application link. If the connection is validated, a ‘<application> connection validation is successful’ message is displayed. Click OK.
- Click Configure.
You have configured an application link.
Enable Application Link
Managing Application Links
You can also use the options in the Integrations page to manage an existing application link.
- Clicking the Enable All Links enables all the configured links for this group.
- Clicking the Disable All Links enables all the configured links for this group.
- Clicking the icon for the application link will enable / disable the links based on the current status.
- You can view the details of a saved application link by selecting Home Page, selecting the desired application link, and clicking on the Load Application Link button.
Once loaded, there are 4 operations you can do to an application link.
- Modify Application Link – You can use this option to modify the existing mapping. This will take you to the edit screen similar to what we saw while configuring the mapping. Modifying the application link will maintain its status of the link eg : disabled link will remain in disable after saving the configuration
- Enable/Disable Application Link – You can use this option to toggle the application link status. Once disabled, Flows will ignore the link until it is enabled again. On the home page, you can easily find the ones that are enabled by looking at the icon.
- Delete Application Link – You can use this option to permanently delete an application link.
- Clone Application Link – You can easily make a copy of the existing application link using this option. The Cloned links will be disabled by default.
Entity Mapping Tab
An application can have different metadata that you will use to create the mapping. For example, HP QC has domains, projects, and issue types whereas Jira only has projects and issue types. The Date Formats field in an app-link's advanced properties specifies the format that ConnectALL is expecting the application to use when sending dates/times TO ConnectALL. To know more about Entity Mapping, click here.