Configure Sync Start Time
Sync Start Time Configuration
Sometimes, we may need to sync records created in the past. The Sync Start Time configuration allows you to specify the date/time on which the sync should start and it can be mentioned in the:
- Entity Mapping tab (in the app-link screen), and
- Manage Scheduled Links widget (in the Dashboard).
In the Entity Mapping Tab
To set this property in the Entity Mapping tab,
- Click the Modify Application Link button.
- Click the Entity Mapping tab and expand the Flow Properties tab.
- Enter the required date and time in the Sync Start Time Field.
Note that the Sync Start Time can be specified for both the applications or individually. This property is effective in the next poll and will process the records created/modified from the specified time.
In the Manage Scheduled Links widget
To set this property,
- Go to the Manage Schedule Links widget.
Click the Re-Sync icon in the Managed Scheduled Links widget. The Re-sync Configuration screen will be displayed.
Enter the required date and time in the Sync Start Time field and click Save.
The Re-sync Configuration screen allows you to sync all the modified records that have not been pushed or polled by ConnectALL. This is especially useful if you have a large number of records (to resync), as you do not have to resync them individually. Also, a full sync option is available within the Resync Configuration screen.
You may want to use the Resync Configuration screen and do a Full Sync for the below-listed scenarios:
- Say you have created an app-link recently, and you want to synchronize the modified data before the creation of that app-link. In such a scenario, you can use the Resync option.
- Changes in poll query
- Changes in the value mapping configurations
- If you have added/deleted a field
- Application-level changes
- Changes in records or group of records
In addition to the flow filter you provide in the Entity Mapping screen, ConnectALL allows you to provide an additional filter or a Resync Filter in the Re-sync Configuration screen. The Resync Filter enables further filtering/querying of selected records by adding additional filtering criteria apart from the one provided in the Flow Filter field (Entity Mapping screen). The Resync Filter is handy if you have created a few fields/records that must be synced, and your Flow Filter does not include the condition to include only these new fields/records. In such a scenario, the Resync Filter field allows you to sync the newly created fields/records alone, and you do not have to modify the existing flow filter and do a full Resync to include only these new fields. Note that,
- If you have provided a Flow Filter in the Entity Mapping screen, then providing a Resync Filter in this screen will be treated as an additional sub-filter.
- If you have provided only a Resync Filter and not a Flow Filter (on the Entity Mapping screen), ConnectALL will filter/query the records during a resync based on the Resync Filter.
- The Resync Filter applies only to the immediate next poll and not to the subsequent polls.
To add a Resync Filter,
- Click the Re-Sync icon in the Managed Scheduled Links widget. (Note that the current flow filter field displays the flow filter on the Entity Mapping screen).
- Provide the Resync Filter.
- Click Save.
In the Re-Sync Configuration screen, you can:
- Provide only the Sync Start Time and not select the Full Sync option, or
- Provide the Sync Start Time and select the Full Sync option.
We have explained below what happens in those scenarios.
Provide only Sync Start Time
If you provide only the Sync Start Time (i.e. without selecting the Full Sync option), ConnectALL will sync only the records which are modified and not processed from the specified period. The records previously synchronized will be ignored during the processing. Only the unprocessed records and records that have changed since the last synchronization will get synchronized. ConnectALL uses the record's last update timestamp to determine if it has been modified. This may be useful for the situation in which you have changed your Flow Filter or in which you have set a Sync Start Time that is older than any prior sync for this application link.
Provide Sync Start Time and Select Full Sync
If you provide the Sync Start Time and select the Full Sync option for an application, then ConnectALL will synchronize all the records that were modified from the specified Sync Time and ignore each record's last update timestamp. The record's current field values will be compared with its values from the prior synchronization. If a field's current value from the app does not match the prior value, ConnectALL will synchronize that field to the destination.
- To do a regular sync, use the Sync Now icon in the Managed Schedule Links window. It triggers an immediate sync operation.
- If the Full Sync option is selected – ConnectALL will synchronize all the records that were modified from the specified date to the current date.
- If the Full Sync option is not selected – ConnectALL will synchronize only the modified and unsynchronized records from the specified date.
Full sync is useful for when you add a field mapping. Full sync may also be useful for when you have changed a (non _CONSTANT) field or value mapping, but the Full Sync option would have to be selected on the same side of the app-link on which the change was made. Conflict management strategy changes will not affect the full sync results unless if the full sync is triggered from both the applications.
- ConnectALL clears the Sync Start Time and Full Sync properties after the completion of the next poll to avoid reprocessing the same set of records repeatedly.
- Using these parameters may cause a very large number of records to be synchronized. The system has to be tuned for this to work smoothly. Please contact support for assistance.