Upgrade Using Installer
- Ensure the required environment variables listed below are set.
- Download the ConnectALL installer file.
- Stop the ConnectALL core and Tomcat services. If you did not stop the ConnectALL core and Tomcat services, the installer would do it for you; however, it is always a good practice to stop the services before any upgrade.
- Ensure that,
- Your database is running, and
- You have taken a backup of your database before you start the upgrade.
- Run the installer as you would for an installation, and choose the 'Upgrade' option. After you select the 'Upgrade' option, the following screen is displayed. It would be best if you backed up your database manually to ensure data integrity. If you have not backed up, proceed once you have completed the backup. Continue with the upgrade if you have backed up and want to proceed.
- If you wish to back up your database before proceeding, select No and complete the manual backup of your database.
- After the database has (or has not) been backed up, select Yes to continue with the installation.
Check the location of the Tomcat folder displayed on the screen and change it if you wish to.
- The installer displays the components to install/upgrade. Select ConnectALL (along with the other components you wish to upgrade) and continue.
- Select the type of database to be configured, and proceed. Now, If the services are not running, you may receive a notification. Start the database service and try again.
- Follow the installation wizard and continue.
- The installation (upgrade) begins, and while installing, 'Database is up to date' message is displayed.
- The installation wizard then validates and displays all the available ports. You can change the ports if required and proceed.
- An installation summary is displayed. Proceed to the next screen.
- You should see the option to finish once you have reached the end.
You have completed the upgrade. Note that after the upgrade, do not forget to start the Tomcat and ConnectALL core services from the windows services screen.