ConnectALL supports the syncing of records from the ALM Octane server to other applications. Choose the Octane option as illustrated in the below image to configure an app-link.
Application Link Configuration
Configuration of Application Server
You will need the below details to create the application in the Octane application server.
- URL (Add the URL of the Octane installed location)
- Shared Space Id
Username/Password–Cookie Based Authentication
The entities 'Requirement Folder' and 'Requirement Document' are supported from version 188.8.131.52.
Multi-Project Configuration (From version 184.108.40.206)
Sync Custom Fields
Note that when synchronizing Comments, Octane will by default provide the User ID instead of the Author Name for the comment. If you would like to synchronize the Author Name instead, please take these actions:
- Enable the Comment Author property in your ConnectAll.properties file. To do this you'll need to find the ConnectAll property file, copy and paste the text below, then save the file:
- Update the Advanced Properties to reflect your Octane Version. You'll need to navigate to the Connections Tab and click the Add Advanced Properties icon next to your Octane connection under the Action column:
On this screen, add the following information and then click Save Properties. See the screenshot below with an example:
- Under Property Key, type out APPLICATION_VERSION
- Under Property Value, type out the actual version of your Octane environment. If your Octane environment is a Cloud version, simply provide the value as CLOUD.
If you are on a legacy version of Octane (12.53 or below), please type out the exact version as seen below.
The Octane adapter requires a special field 'shared SpaceId' to create and update the entities in the required workspace. Also listed below are the different entity types allowed in the ConnectALL sync process.
The below screenshots provide a sample app-link from Jira to Octane where Bugs are mapped to Defect.
Starting from version 220.127.116.11, the Multi-Project configuration feature is available for Micro Focus ALM Octane. To configure multi-project, select the option ALL against the Workspace field in the Entity Mapping screen. Also, select to map the Workspace field in the Field Mapping section. For further information on Multi-Project Configuration, click here.
Reference Field Mapping
ConnectALL supports the 'Reference Field Mapping' feature from version 18.104.22.168 for Micro Focus ALM Octane. Note that the following field types are supported and are available for selection from the Reference Field Mapping field drop-down list on the Field Configuration screen.
To map a reference field,
- Click the cogwheel icon against a mapped row. The Field Configuration screen will be displayed.
- Select the required field type against the 'Reference Field Mapping' field. In the below image, the option 'phases' is selected (which is the 'field 'type').
- Select the desired attribute (ex: Metaphase) of the chosen field type from the following drop-down list. Note that ConnectALL syncs this attribute value.
If a field is a reference field, then the 'Reference?' column against that field displays 'true' in the Field Mapping screen.
Time Difference Configuration
To know how to calculate the time difference, and configure it in the ConnectALL UI, read the topic Time Difference Configuration.